Monday, January 4, 2010

A Long Day

Today was a long but exciting day. It was the first day of the opening week for Book Hook...and boy was it fun and tiring at the same time. It reminded me of my previous work back at Canada's Wonderland when I was promoting a credit card brand to amusement park guests. I felt that I was able to really make a difference in the lives of several hundred students today by sharing about our club. I also believe that I was able to help some of my team members to get out of their comfort zone and get over their fear of approaching strangers. It made appreciate their commitment and involvement. On another note, I also learned that's its not easy to manage many people all by yourself. I really need to start grouping people into teams and delegating a leader per group. This way I wouldn't have to attend to the needs of every single member as it is can become time consuming with all the action going on. Tomorrow is another day and another opportunity to improve my methods of leadership. How can I further motivate my team?

No comments:

Post a Comment